- This event has passed.
The current landscape of CCS in Slovenia (seminar)
30 June 2021 @ 10:00 - 12:00
This seminar presented preliminary findings of the CCS4CEE European project, which aimes to accelerate Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) technologies and projects in Central and Eastern Europe to achieve deep decarbonisation. To set the scene, Chris Bolesta presented the European Commission’s views on the role of Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS). Our associated partner Dr. Marko Maver shared findings on the potential for CCS in Slovenia, and the views of key stakeholders on advancing the deployment of these technologies.
Selected industrial projects were also presented by Slovenian stakeholders, and Julian Popov from the European Climate Foundation (formerly Minister of Environment and Water of Bulgaria) summarised the discussions and shared his views. The seminar took place online.
- The role of CCUS in decarbonisation of the European economy – Chris Bolesta, CCUS Policy Lead, European Commission (DG Energy)
- Presentation on the potential for CCS in Slovenia (CCS4CEE report findings) – Dr. Marko Maver, author of the report
- Presentations by Slovenian industry (Energetika Maribor, Salonit Anhovo, TEŠ, Institute of Chemistry)
- Discussion on Slovenia report findings
- Summary remarks – Julian Popov, Fellow, European Climate Foundation
- Closing comments and next steps
- Reports and Presentations (external links)